Working from home means that my lunches have to be simple and easy to whip up.
However, working from home also means having access to a full, working kitchen. Being so close to the kitchen makes me feel like eating leftovers or instant meals is sacrilege. If you can cook, cook. I tend to go for salads and sandwiches most of the time cause they are easy to prepare from scratch. However, sometimes I crave a warm meal. That’s when this super simple Baked Chicken Parcel recipe comes perfect for an easy and delicious lunch option.
I’m not a fan of white meat and will always choose thigh over breast, but if you want to try it with chicken breast it should work just fine, might not be as juicy though. I’m sure you know that already. Ha!
This is literally baked chicken for dummies. Difficulty level: 7 year old child. Steam up some veggies and ta-dah! Lunch is served.
- Chicken thigh
- olive oil
- 2-3 lime wedges
- Italian herbs
- Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 foil sheets cut into squares
- Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees
- Rub chicken with a dash of olive oil, italian herbs, chili flakes, salt, and pepper (season as you desire!)
- Set the chicken (skin side up) and lime wedges on one foil sheet, cover with another, and wrap on the sides to make a parcel.
- Chuck it in the oven for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins, open the top of the parcel to expose the chicken skin and put it back in the oven for 10 mins.
- Push back the foil and serve in the parcel.
- To be able to tell if the chicken is cooked, take a fork and pierce the meat by the bone. If pink fluids come out, it means it isn't cooked through yet. It has to be clear.